Thursday, August 18, 2022

I Miss Me

 


There she stands, behind the veil, quieter than her shadow

Watching the end walk away into the twilight horizon.

The day announces reality to be a grey pretense

As the meaningless night descends on my window.

 

She loves the hide and seek as I grow tired

Every dream abandoned by the bed-side table.

Like the broken promises that lit the false sky

I have failed myself many times over.

 

My mute voice begs to call her one last time

To lose myself just one more time in her fragrance.

The sparkling laughter refuses to acknowledge my today

My thirst for an ounce of faith vanishes unrequited.

 

She was the hero of my story You forgot to narrate

The storm strangled like the brown letters under the pillow.

The mirror mocks at my reflection that is You

As I wait to be abandoned by a flood of memories.

 

Her voice flows through my veins as a map

Of the journeys I pretended to have forgotten.

Happiness, as it is, seldom looks different

This time she shall not fool me into servitude.

 

The clocks mutters under its breath

How time has conned us with a lie.

On the edge of submission I attempt one last time

Waiting for my truth to atone the frivolity of defeat.

Who says flight of freedom is what everyone seeks?

 

 

 

 

 

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome

Supratim said...

Beautiful, lucid as always....honest as well...

Anonymous said...

Thanks

Anonymous said...

Thank you